Sunday, March 12, 2006

Yinchuan

We're in Yinchuan now. We got here about 12:30 p.m. our time, 11;30 pm Saturday for you. The city seems to be completely surrounded by brown. That's all we saw from the air. Even when we landed the evergreen trees seemed to be covered in brown. As always in China there is a huge contrast of everything. We can look out of our 5 star hotel window onto trash piles. But there is also a water park a short distance away. That surprised me.

Tomorrow we go to pick up Katie. I feel a strange mixture of excitement and fear. I have no idea how we will react when we meet her. I just hope we don't frighten her. Please continue to pray for all the changes that are coming to her.

I haven't been able to post a picture yet. but I think I've figured a way to do it. Keep looking. There are a lot of things that I have not been able to do with the internet. I've had email messages bounce back and sites that I can't open. But I am getting your emails that you have posted on the blog. Thank you for all your prayers and wishes for us and Katie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey mom, dad, Everythign is rockin' out here in wv... Glad you made it alright! very glad, we didn't get to check this out till today, but we are now thoroughly stoked. We are praying for you and Katie and tommorow, you get to hang with your daughter!

love you!